It is an honor serving as your Monterey County Superintendent of Schools. We have come through some very difficult times, and we have made great progress. We are closing the gap in performance despite the greater challenges our students face here in Monterey County.
Together, we are…
- Continuing to improve student achievement growth with higher graduation rates and lower dropout rates.
- Protecting school funding despite challenging economic times and unprecedented budget cuts.
- Implementing partnerships to engage families, schools and communities in student health and safety.
- Investing in effective teachers and leaders, comprehensive professional development and high quality instruction.
Thank you for continuing to place your faith in me, but more importantly, thank you to everyone that works so hard to make a difference in education in Monterey County. I look forward to continuing the important work of preparing all students for success.
Monterey County Superintendent of Schools
From the Monterey Herald, click here for the article:
“The marked improvement in Monterey County schools these past five years can be attributed to the MCOE’s high expectations for closing achievement gaps. The MCOE is working with the schools and teacher training programs to ensure all students are well prepared to meet the high demand of academic standards needed to succeed in life.”
- 2012 Grand Jury Report in Monterey County